This position is currently filled but we are always looking for talent – please apply!
Taylor & Pond is seeking an ambitious, multi-faceted Senior Web Developer who is highly skilled with front-end HTML/CSS/JS, the Shopify platform, and works well in a fast-paced team environment. The ideal candidate is someone who not only has a solid foundation of core front-end programming skills and back-end knowledge, but also someone who has a passion for creating innovative, engaging web user experiences and has an eye for good design. If you strive to make your code as beautiful as the website designs themselves, we are looking for you!
Multi-tasking, attention to detail, and an understanding of urgency is required, as our level of customer service is a key competitive advantage. This position will never be dull, and while you will mostly be focusing on front-end development, you will also be responsible for the backend setup, configuration, and coding when required to implement a website feature.
The successful candidate will be a passionate, out-of-the-box thinker who strives for excellence and welcomes challenges of all forms. You will report directly to the Director of Technology and be a collaborative team member across all departments in the company. You will be expected to actively and regularly participate in brainstorm sessions and contribute to creative ideation to drive brand strategy and brand value for our clients. You will execute your duties efficiently and successfully under the guidance of the Director of Technology and alongside the Web Development team according to client needs and those of the agency as a whole.
Your Day to Day:
- Regularly and proactively communicate with the Web Development team on the status of your projects, tasks, priorities, deadlines, and issues
- Develop responsive HTML and CSS that looks great on all devices, given mobile and desktop designs
- Update existing website content, adding new types of templates, pages, and functionality
- Research, integrate, and customize third-party services, plugins, and apps that solve problems for our clients
- Effectively communicate with project managers and clients on recommended development approaches, requirements, and timelines for new projects
- Troubleshoot and fix website issues, e.g. cross-browser styling issues or broken functionality
- Analyze user data via Google Analytics and other tools to make recommendations on optimizations
- Complete development tasks with an eye for design, requiring minimal rounds of QA revisions
- Very familiar with Shopify (Liquid), WordPress (PHP), Git, JSON, REST APIs
- Experience developing themes and functionality for Shopify, WordPress, WooCommerce sites
- Experience developing custom WordPress and/or Shopify themes from scratch
- Strong knowledge and understanding of SEO principles and how to implement them
- Strong understanding of web accessibility requirements (ADA/WCAG 2.0)
- Familiar with web UX & UI best practices and the importance of the user journey
- Exemplary communication, organization, and time management skills
- Comfortable using command line development tools
- Experience in writing semantic HTML that is optimized for both accessibility and SEO
- Experience developing cross-browser compatible, responsive websites optimized for screens/devices of all sizes (and able to reliably resolve cross-browser compatibility issues)
- Experience working with pre-built WordPress and/or Shopify templates, customizing and building on top of them
- Experience using industry-standard design tools and Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, Sketch, Figma, etc. and developing responsive implementations of design comps
- Impeccable attention to detail – every pixel matters
- Creative thinking skills and a good eye for layout and design
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, both in a team and individually, and take a proactive approach to your work with an entrepreneurial attitude and sense of ownership and pride in everything that you do
- Strong technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills using outside the box thinking
- Strong conceptual and creative skills and ability to brainstorm individually and collaboratively
- Ability to manage working on several projects, teams, and effectively manage and communicate your tasks and workload
- Highly self-motivated and able to work autonomously while also knowing when to ask for help
Experience in the Following Preferred:
- Experience with Shopify Plus-specific features, including Shopify Scripts and Shopify Flow
- Experience developing custom WordPress plugins, Shopify apps, or interfacing with Shopify APIs directly
- Experience with configuring DNS records, server hosting, CDNs, caching, etc.
- Experience with Google Analytics and ability to analyze and give suggestions on site optimization
- Experience in providing conversion rate-focused optimization recommendations
- Familiar with implementing custom Google Analytics tracking events
Taylor & Pond is a leading 360 full-service digital marketing agency specializing in the beauty industry. Please visit taylorpond.com and our Instagram page @taylorandpond to get a sense of the kind of work we do and who we are! Candidates must be authorized to work in the US and located in or willing to relocate to San Diego, Miami or New York.
- PTO Plan that grows as you do and becomes unlimited after 2 years
- Paid Holidays + T&P Team Paid days off
- 100% Company-Sponsored Medical Insurance
- SIMPLE IRA Retirement Plan with 3% matching
- Hybrid working schedule (remote + in-office)
- Opportunity for career growth + development
- A fast-paced, high energy + dog friendly office space in Downtown San Diego (Miami coming soon!)
- Company-Paid Parking at our Downtown San Diego Office
- Unlimited snacks and coffee in the office to keep you fueled for AGENCY LIFE!
- Free Lunch Thursdays for in-office team members
- Paid Professional Development Opportunities & Tuition Reimbursement
- FREE health + beauty products
To apply, you must submit the following to email@example.com. Submissions without the below will not be considered:
- Cover Letter
- Three reasons why you want to work at Taylor & Pond
Tell us about you and why you think you are the one to join our dynamic and exceptional team! We look forward to hearing from you.