This position is currently filled but we are always looking for talent – please apply!
We are looking for a Photo Retoucher who has a good eye for photo quality, composition, and color accuracy. The ideal candidate must be detail oriented and have a passion for making products look as beautiful as possible. They will make tasteful decisions in compositing.
As a member of the creative department, you will report directly to the Head of Photography and support the day to day operations of the photo team retouching photos shot and transferred to you from our studio in San Diego, CA.
How you will make a difference:
- You will be a proactive, collaborative member of the creative process
- You will maintain a positive attitude in a fast-paced environment
- You will be achievement oriented, adaptable, and innovative
- Edit product and model photos under the general direction of the Senior Photographers and Head of Photography for social media, web, e-comm, and other platforms
- Crop, color correct, and adjust images as necessary to achieve company standards
- Creating contact sheets and collaborating with photographers
- Masking and removing backgrounds
- Dust and blemish clean up
- Adding drop shadows
- Warping and liquifying imperfections
- Cutting paths around products and swatches
- Resizing, exporting and uploading files to company specific guidelines
- 2+ years experience in Photography and Retouching
- Expert level proficiency with the Adobe Creative Cloud, Capture One, Microsoft and Google Suites
- Exceptional knowledge of lighting and retouching techniques
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Solid work history
- Sense of ownership and understanding of it’s impact on company success
- Impeccable Time Management Skills
Skills for success:
- Flexible attitude and a knack for creative problem solving
- Clear and confident communicator
- A collaborative spirit and positive responsiveness to feedback
- Ability to balance multiple projects, priorities, and deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
Bonus Points if:
- You have beauty experience
- You have agency experience
To apply, you must submit the following to email@example.com. Submissions without the below will not be considered.
- Cover Letter
- Before & After retouching examples
- Three reasons why you want to work at Taylor & Pond
In addition, we ask that you please prepare retouching samples to walkthrough in your interview.
About Taylor & Pond
Taylor & Pond is a 360 full-service digital agency headquartered in San Diego, CA and Miami, FL with significant presence in New York and Los Angeles. We are focused on the beauty industry and being the best agency in the world. This position is full-time and salaried and you must be authorized to work in the US.
- PTO Plan that grows as you do and becomes unlimited after 2 years
- Paid Holidays + T&P Team Paid days off
- 100% Company-Sponsored Medical Insurance
- SIMPLE IRA Retirement Plan with 3% matching
- Hybrid working schedule (remote + in-office)
- Opportunity for career growth + development
- A fast-paced, high energy + dog friendly office space in Downtown San Diego (Miami coming soon!)
- Company-Paid Parking at our Downtown San Diego Office
- Unlimited snacks and coffee in the office to keep you fueled for AGENCY LIFE!
- Free Lunch Thursdays for in-office team members
- Paid Professional Development Opportunities & Tuition Reimbursement
- FREE health + beauty products