This position is currently filled but we are always looking for talent – please apply!
Taylor & Pond is seeking an ambitious, multi-faceted Junior Web Developer who has hands-on experience with developing responsive HTML/CSS/JS and works well in a fast-paced team environment. The ideal candidate is someone who not only has a solid foundation of core front-end programming skills, but also someone who has a passion for creating innovative, engaging web user experiences and has an eye for good design. If you love staying on top of the latest CSS techniques and strive to make your code as beautiful as the website designs themselves, we want you!
Multi-tasking, attention to detail, and an understanding of urgency is required, as our level of customer service is a key competitive advantage. This position will never be dull, and you may be working on several websites on any given day.
The successful candidate will be a passionate, out-of-the-box thinker who strives for excellence and welcomes challenges of all forms. You will report directly to the Director of Technology and be a collaborative team member across all departments in the company. You will be expected to actively and regularly participate in brainstorm sessions and contribute to creative ideation to enhance brand strategy and brand value for our clients. You will execute your duties efficiently and successfully under the guidance of the Director of Technology and alongside the Web Development team according to client needs and those of the agency as a whole.
Your Day to Day:
- Regularly communicate with the Web Development team on the status of your projects, tasks, priorities, deadlines, and issues
- Develop responsive HTML and CSS that looks great on all devices, given mobile and desktop designs
- Develop and update HTML emails that look good on all devices, using cross-device testing
- Update existing website content, adding new types of templates, pages, and functionality
- Research and integrate third-party services, plugins, and apps that solve problems for our clients
- Troubleshoot and fix website issues, e.g. cross-browser styling issues or broken functionality
- Complete development tasks with an eye for design
- Familiar with Git, JSON, REST APIs
- Exemplary communication, organization, and time management skills
- Comfortable using command line development tools
- Experience writing semantic HTML that is optimized for both accessibility and SEO
- Experience developing cross-browser compatible, responsive websites optimized for screens/devices of all sizes (and able to reliably resolve cross-browser compatibility issues)
- Experience working with pre-built WordPress and/or Shopify templates and customizing them
- Experience using industry-standard tools such as Adobe XD, Sketch, Figma etc. and developing pixel-perfect implementations of design comps
- Impeccable attention to detail – every pixel matters!
- Creative thinking skills and a good eye for layout and design
- Ability to understand and adhere to creative brand guidelines for design
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, both in a team and individually, and take a proactive approach to your work
- Strong technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills using outside the box thinking while adhering to technical requirements
- Strong conceptual and creative skills and ability to brainstorm individually and collaboratively
- Ability to manage working on several projects, teams, and manage client demands at once
- An entrepreneurial attitude and deep sense of ownership and pride in everything that you do
- Highly self-motivated and able to work autonomously while also knowing when to ask for help
Experience in the Following Preferred:
- Experience in Shopify, WordPress, WooCommerce
- Experience developing custom WordPress and/or Shopify themes from scratch
- Experience developing custom WordPress plugins or Shopify apps
- Experience coding HTML emails
- Strong knowledge and understanding of SEO principles
- Strong understanding of web accessibility requirements (ADA/WCAG 2.0)
- Experience with Google Analytics and ability to analyze and give suggestions on site optimization
- Familiar with web UX & UI best practices
Taylor & Pond is a leading 360 full-service digital marketing agency specializing in the beauty industry. Please visit taylorpond.com and our Instagram page @taylorandpond to get a sense of the kind of work we do and who we are! Candidates must be authorized to work in the US and located in or willing to relocate to San Diego, Miami or New York.
- PTO Plan that grows as you do and becomes unlimited after 2 years
- Paid Holidays + T&P Team Paid days off
- 100% Company-Sponsored Medical Insurance
- SIMPLE IRA Retirement Plan with 3% matching
- Hybrid working schedule (remote + in-office)
- Opportunity for career growth + development
- A fast-paced, high energy + dog friendly office space in Downtown San Diego (Miami coming soon!)
- Company-Paid Parking at our Downtown San Diego Office
- Unlimited snacks and coffee in the office to keep you fueled for AGENCY LIFE!
- Free Lunch Thursdays for in-office team members
- Paid Professional Development Opportunities & Tuition Reimbursement
- FREE health + beauty products
To apply, you must submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions without the below will not be considered:
- Cover Letter
- Three reasons why you want to work at Taylor & Pond
Tell us about you and why you think you are the one to join our dynamic and exceptional team! We look forward to hearing from you.