This position is currently filled but we are always looking for talent – please apply!
MUST LOVE BEAUTY! Taylor & Pond is hiring an ambitious, creative, and hyper-talented Junior Copywriter to join our collaborative digital team. You will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, creative environment in the Beauty and Lifestyle vertical. As the Junior Copywriter, you will directly support client accounts and the day-to-day creative operations of the agency. Copywriters at Taylor & Pond are responsible for creating original content for our client’s email marketing campaigns and occasionally engage in copywriting special projects for branding, website development, packaging, print media, paid advertisements, and video scriptwriting.
Our ideal candidate will be a passionate, out-of-the-box thinker who strives for excellence and welcomes challenges of all forms. You will report directly to the Digital Marketing Manager and be a collaborative team member across all departments in the company. You will be expected to actively and regularly participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute to creative conceptualization/ideation to enhance brand strategy and brand value for our clients. You will execute your duties efficiently and successfully with minimal supervision according to client needs and those of the agency as a whole.
Your Day to Day
- Collaborate daily with the digital accounts and creative teams
- Understand each client’s brand voice and write content that amplifies it
- Research and embody each client’s core message and create content that grips the target audience(s)
- Creating copy for email that nurtures and converts leads from prospects into customers.
- Occasionally develop search engine optimized content for websites, product description pages, blogs, and more
- Assist the social team with copywriting needs
- Stay in the know and up to date on popular culture, successful campaigns and activities executed in the industry, and the latest in advertising trends and techniques
- Lead creative direction and content marketing strategies on branding projects
- Establish branding and copywriting guidelines for beauty and lifestyle clients
- Superior verbal and written communication skills — spelling and grammar must be immaculate
- Understanding of various language styles and how they appeal to different target markets
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Strong conceptual and creative skills
- The ability to brainstorm individually and collaboratively
- Exemplary organizational skills and time management abilities
- Knowledge of SEO
- Ability to multitask and manage several projects and team and client demands at once
- Receptiveness to and ability to edit and execute quickly upon the client and internal team feedback
- An entrepreneurial attitude and a deep sense of ownership and pride in everything that you do
- Highly self-motivated and able to work autonomously
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Communications, or a related field preferred
About the Agency
Taylor & Pond is a leading 360 full-service digital marketing agency specializing in the beauty industry. Please visit taylorpond.com and our Instagram page @taylorandpond to get a sense of the kind of work we do and who we are! Candidates must be authorized to work in the US and located in or willing to relocate to San Diego, Miami or New York.
- PTO Plan that grows as you do and becomes unlimited after 2 years
- Paid Holidays + T&P Team Paid days off
- 100% Company-Sponsored Medical Insurance
- SIMPLE IRA Retirement Plan with 3% matching
- Hybrid working schedule (remote + in-office)
- Opportunity for career growth + development
- A fast-paced, high-energy + dog-friendly office space in Downtown, San Diego (Miami coming soon!)
- Company-Paid Parking at our Downtown San Diego Office
- Unlimited snacks and coffee in the office to keep you fueled for AGENCY LIFE!
- Free Lunch Thursdays for in-office team members
- FREE health + beauty products
To apply, you must submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions without the below will not be considered.
- Cover Letter
- Portfolio of Work
- Three reasons why you want to work at Taylor & Pond
Tell us about you and why you think you are the one to join our dynamic and exceptional team! We look forward to hearing from you.
Apply online – no phone calls please