(This position is currently filled, however we are always looking for talent – please apply!)
Taylor & Pond is seeking an ambitious, hyper talented, and energetic Graphic Designer to join our collaborative digital team. You will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, creative environment in the Beauty, Lifestyle, and Health & Wellness vertical, and will directly support the Design team, Client Accounts and the day-to-day creative operations of the agency.
Designers at Taylor & Pond are responsible for creating original content for the company’s and clients’ social media platforms, email marketing campaigns, and websites. Our design team frequently engages in projects within website development, packaging, print media, paid advertisements, and video pre- and post-production.
The successful candidate will be a passionate, out-of-the-box thinker who strives for excellence and welcomes challenges of all forms. You will report directly to the Production Director and be a collaborative team member across all departments in the company. You will be expected to actively and regularly participate in brainstorm sessions and contribute to creative conceptualization/ideation to enhance brand strategy and brand value for our clients. You will execute your duties efficiently and successfully with minimal supervision according to client needs and those of the agency as a whole.
Note that this position will be remote for approximately two to three months before becoming in-house, and we are looking for immediate hire. Positions are available in San Diego or Miami-Dade areas.
Your Day to Day
- Conceptualizes, produces, and finalizes content for social, web, and print on retainer-based accounts and special projects
- Create content on quick timelines
- Assist and work on client special projects as needed
- Assist your fellow designers and creatives with tasks as needed
- Give, receive and facilitate feedback and able to quickly execute and implement edits
- Actively contribute to and participate in creative meetings, brainstorming and innovation
- Maintain excellent communication at all times within the creative design team, the department leads and between all departments
- Continuously learn and adopt new skills and tools and stay on top of the latest in industry and design field trends
- Knowledge and passion for principles of design, color concepts, typography, hierarchy, and flow
- Fundamental understanding of designing for digital vs. print
- Ability to understand and adhere to brand guidelines
- Strong conceptual and creative skills and ability to brainstorm individually and collaboratively
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Exemplary organizational skills and time management abilities
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and manage several projects and team and client demands at once
- An entrepreneurial attitude and deep sense of ownership and pride in everything that you do
- Highly self-motivated and able to work autonomously
Education & Skills for Success
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or a related field preferred
- 5+ years agency experience (agency or beauty experience preferred)
- A passion for and experience with the beauty/wellness/lifestyle industries preferred
- Superior proficiency in: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe XD, Adobe InDesign
- Must know how to animate graphics (Adobe After Effects preferred)
- Knowledge of web design and email marketing preferred
- 3D design skills are a plus
About Taylor & Pond
Taylor & Pond is a 360 full-service digital agency located in the beautiful Gaslamp Quarter in downtown San Diego with a growing presence in Miami-Dade county. We provide vacation time, paid health care, parking, matching retirement contributions, snacks, drinks and much more. We are focused on the beauty industry and being the best agency in the world.
This position is a full-time position that will be remote for at least 2 – 3 months and then revisited depending on the candidate’s location or willingness to relocate. You must be authorized to work in the US. Tell us about yourself and why you think you are the perfect fit for our dynamic and exceptional team! Email careers (at) taylorpond.com with three reasons why you want to work at Taylor & Pond. Applications without a portfolio or link to work examples will not be considered.
Visit www.taylorpond.com/examples or our instagram @taylorandpond to see what kind of work we do best!