This position is currently filled but we are always looking for talent – please apply!
Taylor & Pond is seeking an ambitious, hyper talented, and energetic Graphic Design Intern to join our collaborative digital team. You will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, creative environment in the Beauty, Lifestyle, and Health & Wellness vertical, and will directly support the Design Team, Client Accounts and the day-to-day creative operations of the agency. Design Interns at Taylor & Pond are responsible for assisting with the ideation and creation of original content for the company’s and clients’ social media platforms, email marketing campaigns, and websites. You will also have the opportunity to engage in special projects within website development, packaging, print media, paid advertisement, and video pre- and post-production.
The successful candidate will be a passionate, out-of-the-box thinker who strives for excellence and welcomes challenges of all forms. You will be expected to actively and regularly participate in brainstorm sessions and contribute to creative conceptualization/ideation to enhance brand strategy and brand value for our clients. You will execute your duties efficiently and successfully under the guidance of our team of Designers according to client needs and those of the agency as a whole. This is a paid, 40 hour/week, in-house internship.
Your Day to Day
- Conceptualize, produce, and finalize content for social, web, and print on retainer-based accounts and special projects
- Create content on quick timelines
- Assist and work on client special projects as needed
- Assist the designers and creatives with tasks as needed
- Give, receive and facilitate feedback and able to quickly execute and implement edits
- Actively contribute to and participate in creative meetings, brainstorming and innovation
- Maintain excellent communication at all times within the creative design team, the department leads and between all departments
- Continuously learn and adopt new skills and tools and stay on top of the latest in industry and design field trends
- Knowledge and passion for principles of design, color concepts, typography, hierarchy, and flow
- Fundamental understanding of designing for digital vs. print
- Ability to understand and adhere to brand guidelines
- Strong conceptual and creative skills and ability to brainstorm individually and collaboratively
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Exemplary organizational skills and time management abilities
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and manage several projects and team and client demands at once
- An entrepreneurial attitude and deep sense of ownership and pride in everything that you do
- Highly self-motivated and able to work autonomously
Education & Skills for Success
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or a related field preferred1+ years of professional experience preferred (agency experience is a plus!)
- A passion for and experience with the beauty/wellness/lifestyle industries preferred
- Excellent proficiency in:
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe XD
- Adobe InDesign
- Ability to animate graphics (Adobe AfterEffects preferred)
- Knowledge of web design (UX/UI) preferred
- 3D design skills are a plus
To apply, you must submit the following to email@example.com:
- Cover letter
- Three reasons why you want to work at Taylor & Pond
- Reel or Portfolio: outline exactly what you did in each project displayed. Submissions without a reel or portfolio will not be considered.
Taylor & Pond is a leading 360 full-service digital marketing agency specializing in the beauty industry. Please visit taylorpond.com and our Instagram page @taylorandpond to get a sense of the kind of work we do and who we are! Candidates must be authorized to work in the US and located in or willing to relocate to San Diego, CA.
- Paid Holidays + T&P Team Paid days of
- Hybrid working schedule (remote + in-office)
- Opportunity for career growth + development
- A fast-paced, high energy + dog friendly office space in Downtown San Diego (Miami coming soon!
- Unlimited snacks and coffee in the office to keep you fueled for AGENCY LIFE!
- Free Lunch Thursdays for in-office team members
- FREE health + beauty products