MUST LOVE BEAUTY! Taylor & Pond is hiring an ambitious, experienced, and hyper-talented Email Marketing Manager to play a key role on our Technology and Digital Marketing team. You will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, creative environment in the Beauty/Lifestyle/Health & Wellness vertical, and will directly contribute to all Client teams and the day-to-day operations of the agency. You will be responsible for managing strategic campaign decisions and recommendations, coding, testing, scheduling and reporting all marketing emails; additionally, you will lead campaign initiatives, report analytics and provide insights to help grow our Clients’ email marketing programs.
Our ideal candidate will have previous experience with list management and managing delivery in compliance with CAN-SPAM law, will be analytically-minded, will present and report on key performance metrics, and will think strategically about how to maximize this key marketing channel on behalf of our amazing Clients. Great communication is absolutely critical and the ability to thrive in a collaborative, team-oriented environment is a must.
Your Day to Day
- Develop email marketing strategies to support key business priorities.
- Partner with brand marketing & creative teams to develop high-performing email campaigns. Ensure accuracy, quality and brand consistency in email communication.
- Collaborate and strategize with our internal teams and directly with our Clients.
- Forecast email revenue and traffic, analyze email performance across KPIs, maintain and regularly communicate dashboard results. Leverage learnings to inform future campaign planning.
- Build and execute email testing roadmap to constantly optimize performance across desktop and mobile, including but not limited to testing around content (creative and copy), audiences and personalization efforts.
- Continually evaluate optimal customer segmentation and audience strategy.
- Maintain and communicate email calendar, working cross-functionally to manage production and execution through QA and deployment.
- Manage relationships with email service providers (ESP) and related services.
- Provide recommendations to help grow a variety of email programs by determining the best approach for content and subscriber segmentation and leverage customer data to trigger dynamic email content
- Responsible for HTML coding, testing, scheduling and reporting all marketing emails; additionally lead campaign initiatives
- Track and report results of email campaigns within the respective email programs and Web Analytics (Google) including open rates, click-thru rates, and revenue on a weekly, monthly, annual basis
- Join Client calls for weekly and monthly reporting and work with the brand team on yearly forecast goals and to analyze results and make recommendations.
- Implement A/B testing, including segmentation, subject lines, sent times, etc.; present findings and make recommendations for improvements.
- Keep up with the industry best practices as they relate to brand audiences and recommend internal strategies.
- Collaborate with the Creative & Copywriting team to ensure brand guidelines are followed in all emails.
- QA of all emails, including copy revision, email responsiveness, link redirects, and image optimization.
- Deliver monthly reports with insights and recommendations on email campaign performance.
- Analyze and evaluate data to continuously test, measure and optimize email marketing programs.
- Build strong inter-departmental relationships with account management, content creative, and web teams.
- Must love beauty!
- Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented, and able to meet all deadlines.
- Proficient in HTML/CSS coding for email (including mobile devices, dark mode, etc.)
- Experience with email marketing platforms such as MailChimp, Klaviyo, Zaius, Salesforce, and more.
- Experience with graphic design tools and office suites (Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Google Drive, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to draw conclusions from data and take action accordingly.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and display exceptional follow-through and initiative.
- Proficiency with Google Analytics and other reporting suites.
- Inherent attention to detail without compromising speed in execution.
- A can-do attitude and owner mentality—ready to seize opportunities and take initiative without needing to be told.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, team, ever-changing environment.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in email marketing (beauty/fashion/retail preferred)
- Experience with various email platforms
About Taylor & Pond
Taylor & Pond a full-service, 360 agency headquartered in the beautiful Gaslamp Quarter, downtown San Diego, CA and with an office opening in Miami, FL in 2021. We provide vacation time, paid health care, parking, lunch every Thursday, matching retirement contributions, snacks, drinks and much more. We are focused on the beauty industry and being the best agency in the world. Tell us about you and why you think you are the one to join our dynamic and exceptional team! In your application, list the top 3 reasons why you would like to work for Taylor & Pond.