This position is currently filled but we are always looking for talent – please apply!
MUST LOVE BEAUTY! Taylor & Pond is hiring an ambitious, experienced, and hyper-talented Email Marketing Manager to play a key role on our Technology and Digital Marketing team. You will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, creative environment in the Beauty/Lifestyle/Health & Wellness vertical, and will directly contribute to all Client teams and the day-to-day operations of the agency. You will be responsible for managing strategic campaign decisions, design recommendations, coding, testing, scheduling and reporting all marketing emails; additionally, you will lead campaign initiatives, report analytics and provide insights to help grow our Clients’ email marketing programs.
Our ideal candidate will have previous experience with creating email campaigns for consumer e-commerce brands, including transactional, automated, and marketing emails, list management and managing delivery in compliance with CAN-SPAM law, will be analytically-minded, will present and report on key performance metrics, and will think strategically about how to maximize this key marketing channel on behalf of our amazing Clients! Great communication is absolutely critical and the ability to thrive in a collaborative, team-oriented environment is a must.
Your Day to Day
- Develop email marketing strategies to support our Clients’ key business priorities and campaigns.
- Partner with brand marketing & creative teams to develop high-performing email campaigns. Ensure accuracy, quality and brand consistency in email communication.
- Collaborate and strategize with our internal teams and directly with our Clients.
- Forecast email revenue and traffic, analyze email performance across KPIs, maintain and regularly communicate dashboard results. Leverage learnings to inform future campaign planning.
- Build and execute email testing roadmap to constantly optimize performance across desktop and mobile, including but not limited to testing around content (creative and copy), audiences and personalization efforts.
- Continually evaluate optimal customer segmentation and audience strategy.
- Maintain and communicate email calendar, working cross-functionally to manage production and execution from ideation through to QA and deployment.
- Manage relationships with email service providers (ESP) and related services.
- Provide recommendations to help grow a variety of email programs by determining the best approach for content and subscriber segmentation and leverage customer data to trigger dynamic email content
- Responsible for HTML coding, testing, scheduling and reporting all marketing emails; additionally lead campaign initiatives
- Track and report results of email campaigns within the respective email programs and web analytics including open rates, click-through rates, and revenue on a weekly, monthly, annual basis
- Join Client calls for weekly and monthly reporting and work with the brand team on yearly forecast goals and to analyze results and make recommendations.
- Implement A/B testing, including subject lines, send times, segmentation, etc.; present findings and make recommendations for improvements.
- Keep up with the industry best practices as they relate to brand audiences, email marketing, and spam law (CAN-SPAM, GDPR, CCPA)
- Collaborate with the Creative & Copywriting team to ensure brand guidelines and conversion best practices are followed in all emails.
- QA of all emails, including copy revision, email responsiveness, link redirects, and image optimization.
- Deliver monthly reports with insights and recommendations on email campaign performance.
- Analyze and evaluate data to continuously test, measure and optimize email marketing programs.
- Build strong inter-departmental relationships with account management, content creative, and web teams.
- Must love beauty!
- Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented, and able to meet all deadlines.
- Proficient in several email marketing platforms, such as Klaviyo, HubSpot, MailChimp, Zaius, Salesforce, and others.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to draw conclusions from data, make recommendations, and take action accordingly.
- Experience in HTML coding for email (including mobile devices, dark mode, etc.)
- Experience with graphic design tools and office suites (Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Google Drive, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Experience with ecommerce platforms, such as Shopify.
- Outstanding copywriting and copyediting abilities.
- Proficiency with Google Analytics and other reporting suites.
- Inherent attention to detail without compromising speed in execution.
- A can-do attitude and owner mentality—ready to seize opportunities and take initiative without needing to be told.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced team environment and display exceptional follow-through and initiative.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 2-4 years of experience in email marketing (beauty/fashion/retail/ecommerce preferred)
- Proficiency in several email platforms
Taylor & Pond is a leading 360 full-service digital marketing agency specializing in the beauty industry. Please visit taylorpond.com and our Instagram page @taylorandpond to get a sense of the kind of work we do and who we are! Candidates must be authorized to work in the US and located in or willing to relocate to San Diego, Miami or New York.
- PTO Plan that grows as you do and becomes unlimited after 2 years
- Paid Holidays + T&P Team Paid days off
- 100% Company-Sponsored Medical Insurance
- SIMPLE IRA Retirement Plan with 3% matching
- Hybrid working schedule (remote + in-office)
- Opportunity for career growth + development
- A fast-paced, high energy + dog friendly office space in Downtown San Diego (Miami coming soon!)
- Company-Paid Parking at our Downtown San Diego Office
- Unlimited snacks and coffee in the office to keep you fueled for AGENCY LIFE!
- Free Lunch Thursdays for in-office team members
- Paid Professional Development Opportunities & Tuition Reimbursement
- FREE health + beauty products
To apply, you must submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions without the below will not be considered:
- Cover Letter
- Three reasons why you want to work at Taylor & Pond
Tell us about you and why you think you are the one to join our dynamic and exceptional team! We look forward to hearing from you.